Säilytä kasvatuspakkausta avaamattomana sisätiloissa 60 päivää.
HOW TO GROW?
- Remove carton.
- Cut an X-shaped cross into the plastic, keep the loose plastic parts on at least until mushrooms start to grow, this will help to retain the moisture.
- Moisten the substrate thoroughly, spray your kit 2-3x a day with pressing the spray 3 times. The spray bottle is with the box.
- Harvest when ready. Normally it takes 7-14 days for fruiting bodies to develop.
Lion’s mane is a slow grower, the preferable temperature is around 18-24C. It might take up to 2-2,5 weeks after the kit has been opened until the mushrooms start forming. Make sure you’re misting it at least a couple of times throughout the day. Lion’s Mane mushrooms are medium to large in size, averaging 10-25 centimeters in diameter.
STORAGE AND PREPARATION
You can store fresh lion’s mane mushrooms in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Lion’s Mane mushrooms are tender and chewy with a mild, sweet, seafood flavor reminiscent of scallops, lobster, or crab. Frying, roasting, and sautéing are ways to cook lion’s mane. Their meaty texture is often used as a substitute for meat. This mild mushroom easily picks up the flavors of the accompanying ingredients and can be a part of both side and main dishes.
Lion’s mane mushroom is also very absorbent, so it’s better to not add too much water as it will ruin the flavor and texture of the dish.
Products are in stock and ready for delivery (1-3 business days).
ONE EASY RECIPE
Golden Lion’s Mane Mushroom steak
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
lion’s mane mushroom
pinch of sea salt, to taste
pinch of ground white pepper
2 teaspoons thyme
- Slice the mushroom
- Add the olive oil to a pan over medium heat.
- Then add the lion’s mane mushroom to the skillet. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until it turns a golden brown on the outside. Finish with a little thyme.