You can store your grow kit unopened indoors for 7 days, in the fridge (4C) for up to 4 weeks.
HOW TO GROW?
- Remove carton.
- Cut an X-shaped cross into the plastic, keep the loose plastic parts on at least until mushrooms start to grow, this will help to retain the moisture.
- Moisten the substrate thoroughly, spray your kit 2-3x a day with pressing the spray 3 times. The spray bottle is with the box.
- Harvest when ready. Normally it takes 7-14 days for fruiting bodies to develop.
Grey oysters are one of the easiest mushrooms to grow. They do love the colder weather and need misting a couple of times throughout the day. They are quite fast in growth and you can usually harvest the first mushrooms from the kit in under 2 weeks. Grey oyster mushrooms are medium to large in size with caps averaging 5-25 centimeters in diameter and have a very short or non-existent stem.
STORAGE AND PREPARATION
Grey oyster mushrooms have a short shelf life, so it is best to consume them as fresh as you can and store them in the refrigerator. Oyster mushrooms have a slightly chewy texture and are soft with a bittersweet aroma. When cooked, they have a mild and nutty, seafood-like flavor. Make sure you cook until the mushrooms have released their liquid, then continue cooking until that liquid vaporizes, this can take from 20-30 minutes. Blue Oyster mushrooms can be used in a variety of dishes, but especially in soups and pasta.
Products are in stock and ready for delivery (1-3 business days).
ONE EASY RECIPE
Creamy oyster mushroom soup
1 clove garlic
30 cl crème fraîche
1 l chicken or vegetable stock
250 grams grey oyster mushrooms
- Peel and chop the onions and garlic. Sauté in a lug of oil in a large pot over medium heat until onions are translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the crème fraîche and salt and pepper to taste.
- Use a hand blender to create a uniform texture.
- Serve with a tiny drizzle of olive oil.