You can store your grow kit unopened indoors for 7 days. NB! Fridge storage is not an option for Pink Oyster. Under +10C the substrate will die.
HOW TO GROW?
- Remove carton.
- Cut an X-shaped cross into the plastic, keep the loose plastic parts on at least until mushrooms start to grow, this will help to retain the moisture.
- Moisten the substrate thoroughly, spray your kit 2-3x a day with pressing the spray 3 times. The spray bottle is with the box.
- Harvest when ready. Normally it takes 7-14 days for fruiting bodies to develop.
Pink oysters prefer warmer weather but still grow well in colder conditions, it just takes a longer time to grow. The pink oyster mushroom should be ready to harvest in 3-4 weeks from opening the kit. Pink oyster mushrooms are small to medium in size with caps averaging 2-15 centimeters in diameter and are attached to short stems, growing in layered clusters.
STORAGE AND PREPARATION
Like all Oyster mushrooms, pink oysters also retain water, therefore it is important to cook them for at least 20 minutes, to avoid viscous texture. Due to their short shelf life, it’s best to consume mushrooms as fresh as you can, and not store them in the refrigerator for more than 2 days. Pink oyster mushrooms are meaty and chewy in texture, despite their thin flesh, and have a seafood-like aroma. They have a bright pink color that changes to an orange-brown color when cooked.
Products are in stock and ready for delivery (1-3 business days).
ONE EASY RECIPE
Pink Oyster bacon
- 200g Pink Oyster mushrooms
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- sunflower or coconut oil
- Cut or tear pink oyster mushrooms into small pieces.
- Add a plentiful amount of oil to a hot pan.
- Fry mushrooms over medium heat and stir them until they get brownish and crispy
- Turn off the heat, add smoked paprika and salt to taste, mix it up.