You can store your grow kit unopened indoors for 60 days.
HOW TO GROW?
- Remove carton.
- Cut an X-shaped cross into the plastic, keep the loose plastic parts on at least until mushrooms start to grow, this will help to retain the moisture.
- Moisten the substrate thoroughly, spray your kit 2-3x a day with pressing the spray 3 times. The spray bottle is with the box.
- Harvest when ready. Normally it takes 7-14 days for fruiting bodies to develop.
Yellow oysters are easy to grow indoors as they prefer warmer temperatures (22-26C), just make sure you mist them at least a couple of times a day. Yellow oyster is a slow grower and it usually takes up to 2-2,5 weeks after the kit has been opened that the mushrooms to start to grow. The finished yellow oyster hat is delicate, curved upwards and the dimensions are within a radius of 2-6 cm.
STORAGE AND PREPARATION
The shelf life of yellow oysters is rather short, the mushrooms should definitely be stored in the refrigerator and not for more than a few days. When cooked, they develop a balanced and nutty taste. There are various ways to prepare yellow oysters, from boiling to stir-frying and sauteing. The stems of the yellow oyster may taste a little bitter for some people, in which case use only the mushroom cap part.
Products are in stock and ready for delivery (1-3 business days).
Yellow Oyster Mushrooms on a grilled Brie Toast
- 200g mixed oyster mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 4 slices of thick-crusted bread, toasted
- 100g Brie cheese
- Brush the mushrooms with a dry brush to remove any dirt and tear the large mushrooms into about 1-inch pieces.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat, when ready and hot add the butter, mushrooms and salt.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stir and add the garlic scapes and wine (if using). Cook for 1-2 additional minutes until the edges of the mushrooms turn golden brown. Add thyme leaves.
- Heat the oven. Cut the Brie cheese into slices. Top the toasted bread with the Brie and mushroom mixture. Bake for 1-2 minutes, or until the Brie has slightly melted and has browned on the edges.