You can store your grow kit unopened indoors for 7 days. In fridge (4C) up to 4 weeks.
HOW TO GROW?
- Remove carton.
- Cut an X-shaped cross into the plastic, keep the loose plastic parts on at least until mushrooms start to grow, this will help to retain the moisture.
- Moisten the substrate thoroughly, spray your kit 2-3x a day with pressing the spray 3 times. Spray bottle is with the box.
- Harvest when ready. Normally it takes 7-14 days for fruiting bodies to develop.
Yellow oysters are easy to grow indoors as they prefer warmer temperatures (22-26C), just make sure you mist them at least a couple times a day. Yellow oyster is a slow grower and it usually takes up to 2-2,5 weeks after the kit has been opened that the mushrooms start to grow. The finished yellow oyster hat is delicate, curved upwards and the dimensions are within a radius of 2-6 cm.
STORAGE AND PREPARATION
The shelf life of yellow oysters is rather short, the mushrooms should definitely be stored in the refrigerator and not for more than a few days. When cooked, they develop a balanced and nutty taste. There are various ways to prepare yellow oysters, from boiling to stir-frying and sauteing. The stems of the yellow oyster may taste a little bitter for some people, in which case use only the mushroom cap part.
The yellow oyster mushroom holds many minerals, such as zinc and copper as well as amino acids, folic acid and carotenoids, which give the mushroom its yellow appearance.
- 200g mixed oyster mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 4 slices of thick-crusted bread, toasted
- 100g Brie cheese
- Brush the mushrooms with a dry brush to remove any dirt and tear the large mushrooms into about 1-inch pieces.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat, when ready and hot add the butter, mushrooms and salt.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stir and add the garlic scapes and wine (if using). Cook for 1-2 additional minutes until the edges of the mushrooms turn golden brown. Add thyme leaves.
- Heat the oven. Cut the Brie cheese into slices. Top the toasted bread with the Brie and mushroom mixture. Bake for 1-2 minutes, or until the Brie has slightly melted and has browned on the edges.