Creamy mushroom paste 2 servings: (less than 30 min)
- 4 rolls of tagliatelle pasta or 300g mashed pasta (zucchini ribbon)
- 1 box Scandic Oranic shiitake mushrooms (150g)
- 1 small onion (50g)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (20g)
- 1½ dl vegetable broth (1½ dl water, ½ tablespoons vegetable fund)
- 2 dl walnut cream (grind 40g light nuts in a blender. Add 2 dl of water and run smoothly) season with salt, pepper and with a small bunch of fresh parsley
-Boil the pasta according to the instructions. If you use mashed pasta, do it: peel zucchini. Strip strips of it lengthwise with a peeling knife. A suitable dose is about 150g of strips.
-Peel and chop the onion. Chop the mushrooms into pieces, different designs, even slightly different sizes though. Make vegetable broth and nut cream. Chop the parsley.
-Heat the pan and half the olive oil in it. Reduce heat to half and sauté onions for 5 minutes. Don’t let the onions brown, but don’t fuss when simmering to give the onions the softness and sweetness they need. It takes time. Transfer the peeled onions to the plate for a moment to wait.
-Heat the pan again and measure the other half of the olive oil into the pan. Add the chopped mushrooms to the pan and fry them at 2/3 heat for five minutes so that they toast and get a little color on the surface.
-Add the onions back to the pan and pour in the vegetable broth. Reduce heat to half power and cook sauce for a few minutes. Pour in the nut cream and season the sauce with salt, black pepper and fresh parsley.
-Mix the pasta in the sauce. If you are preparing a portion for one with pasta and the other with a paste, divide the sauce in half and mix the pastes separately into their own portions. Serve on plates and enjoy.
Instead of NUT CREAM, YOU CAN USE A QUICKLY ORDINARY FOOD OR FOAM CREAM.
Recipe and photos: Eeva-Maria Lisko