Mushroom cappuccino is a trendy delicacy
2 servings of mushroom cappuccino: (less than 30 min)
- 1 box Scandic Organic shiitake mushrooms (150g)
- 1 small onion (50g)
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (20g)
- 2.5 dl of vegetable client
- 2 dl nut cream (grind 40g light nuts in a blender. Add 2 dl water and run smoothly)
- more grinding salt, several grinding black pepper (a sprig of fresh thyme) (a touch of stevia or sugar)
-Peel and chop the onion and garlic clove. Chop mushrooms, shape and size do not matter. Make nut cream. Heat a pan and half the olive oil in it. Reduce heat to half and sauté onions for 5 minutes. Don’t let the onions brown, but don’t fuss when simmering to give the onions the softness and sweetness they need. It takes time. Add the chopped garlic to the onion in the pan at the end of the sailing. Then transfer the peeled onions to a small saucepan to wait.
-Heat the pan again and measure the other half of the olive oil into the pan. Add the chopped mushrooms to the pan and fry them at 2/3 heat for 5 minutes so that they roast and get a little color on the surface.
-Pour the fried mushrooms with the peeled onion into the pan. Add the vegetable broth to the pan and heat the mixture for a moment. Run the soup velvety with a stick blender. This, too, requires a few minutes of patience.
- Then add the walnut cream and season the finished soup with salt, black pepper and a touch of stevia or sugar if necessary. If the soup feels too thick, add a little vegetable broth or water during the pureing phase.
-Dispense the soup in two cups and enjoy. Garnish the portion with walnut whipped cream * and fresh thyme, if desired.
- If you want foam on the surface of the portion, whisk the nut cream with a stick mixer before adding it to the soup. Using a spoon, peel the lightest foam from the surface of the whipped cream with a stick mixer into a small cup. Once the rest of the cream has been added to the soup, the soup is ready and dispensed into cups, spoon the foam over the portions.
NUT-STANDARD FOOD OR FOAM CREAM CAN BE USED FOR THE NUT CREAM.
Recipe and photo: Eeva-Maria Lisko